Columbia Flood Gate Winch
Application: Opening and closing a sliding flood gate
Customer: Orion Marine Group
Location: Sabine Pass, TX
Hoist Model: Columbia WX20000-2A17-L-01 AC Electric Winch
Performance based on 208 VAC / 3 Phase / 60Hz:
Line Pull: 20,000 pounds on the first layer
Line Speed: 4 feet per minute on the first layer
Wire Rope Capacity: 70 feet x 9/16″ diameter wire rope with latching hook
- 3.0 HP right angle gearbox brakemotor with integrated variable frequency drive
- Provides current limiting
- Allows for power interrupt using signal from customer supplied external micro limit switch
- IP66 marine grade rated motor with NSD5+ corrosion resistant coating
- Includes IP65 rated hand help pendant with In & Out momentary contacts and E-Stop button on a 50’ lead
- Includes manual freespool lever
- Includes cable tension roller
Why APPI: When the Orion Marine group was contracted to provide a flood gate for the Golden Pass LNG export project in Sabine Pass, Texas, Albert Stevenson III, the project manager, contacted us to help integrate a winch system to open and close the gate.
Given the importance of this operation, the system uses two winches, one to pull the gate open and the other one to close it. This operation, which is on a flat and level steel rail, requires 12,000 pounds of line pull over a 30 foot distance.
With the addition of this gate and a taller expanded level system, the expectation is the new addition will always be left sitting high and dry.
Please contact us if you would like more information about this particular flood gate winch or any of our other products and services.
Allied Power Products, Inc. has specialized in providing winches, hoists, capstans and cranes to meet our customers’ specific application requirements for more than 30 years.